Don't Come Crying to Me

okay so a couple of things.

first i ignore rules of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation, usually, so don't waste your precious time by pointing these things out. "Why yes, I do realize that blogger has a spell check. I didn't use it because it's friggin boring."

second i do try not to get serious or babble on about deep issues, though occasionally i will.

third if you can pick out the theme to all of my post titles you will maybe get a cookie or a nonsarcastic "way to go skippy" at the very least.

lastly, thanks for coming, who are you and why are you reading this? you must be bored.




Sunday, December 4, 2011

icing over a secret pain

Weathered the recent storm okay. Nothing permanant to show for it so i guess that's a win.

Watching this video a little boy about to go into 8th grade made. Made me sob my eyes out.

I feel like when I see these things when I let myself relate I let go of another bag that I have carried with me. I feel lighter.

I know I will never be "better". I know some of the things I carry I'll never let go no matter how much I want to.

My hope is that I will of course but I know that for too long these things have been my protection, part of my wall. I don't know if i could ever let myself be that naked.

I recently made friends with someone who had been part of that group that just mercilessly step on me from the time I was in elementary school and on. It felt good to put that aside too, i know she isn't the same person and to pretend that she is would be pointless and keep me holding on to old pain i don't need any more.

part of me though, wants that acknowledgement. wants that apology. because part of me always will. i don't mind that part of me, she is still growing and is still nursing a lot of hurt that i made her shove inside and swallow.

things boiled over badly for the last two months and i am trying not swallow so much of the emotion because i am not immune to it. i found that out.

it's a process... that is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment